Chances are good that your home could benefit from Insulation being added to your attic. Many homes have inadequate insulation—often none at all in older homes!
How You Can Tell If You Need Attic Insulation
You’ll usually benefit from additional attic insulation if:
- Your air conditioner works extra hard to cool your home
- Your home heats up quickly after the air conditioner cycles off
- You have comfort problems such as being too hot in the summer or too cold in the winter
If you home was built:
- Before 1985 The insulation is most likely well below minimum standards
- Between 1986-1995 The insulation is probably slightly below minimum standards
- After 1996 The insulation is most likely meets minimum standards
The US Department of Energy recommends insulation levels above the minimum building code standard.